Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Casper, Meet Bronzer


How can a girl with pale skin find a bronzer that doesn't look muddy or orange? Well let me tell you, this girl has tried them all. For color reference: Mac = NW20, Estee Lauder = 1N1 Ecru, Bare Minerals = Fairly Light. I think you're getting the picture. Are Casper and I related? Clearly I need to ask my parents about my genealogy.

I've owned a lot of bronzers in my day. I given even more free bronzers to my sister (you're welcome)! Stila was too orange. Nars was too muddy (even though reviews acting like it was impossible to look muddy on someone). BE(bare esceuntials, bare minerals) isn't easy to pull off without a base tan. Benefit's Hoola is a perfect looking contour but not as an all over bronzer. It's taken me 3 years of real searching to find one that works.

Let me introduce you to Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Matte Bronzer. Bronzer meet readers. Readers meet bronzer. For $30, you get .74 oz of product. It doesn't seem like a lot but let me break it down.

Benefit "Hoola" = $28, .40 oz
Nars "Laguna" = $33, .28 oz
Stila "Bronzer 1" = $28 .28 oz
BE "Faux Tan" = $18 .07 oz

Now maybe you're having an "Aha!" moment, or perhaps you need coffee and aren't awake yet. This is a whole heck of a lot of bronzer. I'm talking years worth of bronzer.

Matte you ask? Well to be bluntly honest, I can be a cesspool of oil. TMI? I apologize! I blot my face a few times a day and the idea of putting shimmer on it makes me dry heave. Not to worry. For ladies who like a little shimma shimma or a sparkle sparkle, Estee Lauder makes shimmer bronzers too!

This color is neither muddy or orange on my pale skin. I look truly bronzed. Now don't get me wrong, I'm pasty every where else. That's why I use a MAC 150 brush and run this sucker down my neck and chest. It feels like spring has officially come in Central Pennsylvania, until I look outside! Literally snow flurries, darn you mother nature! At least with this bronzer it is spring inside my head! Pale gals unite! I don't need a stinking tan... I just need my bronzer!

No comments:

Post a Comment